Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Halton Hills - Georgetown Ontario Skate Board portraits

Stranger Portraits

I'm shy.  I really am.  That is somewhat surprising to people that have known me for a while but I'm actually a quiet fellow who feels very comfortable watching and listening rather than actively engaging and talking. That first moment when you talk to someone you don't know is like vertigo for me, I have to fight through it.  It can be easier to just not do it.

Oddly enough one of the things I really enjoy is approaching strangers and asking them if I can take their portrait.

Yesterday my family was playing at one of the many parks in Georgetown and I saw these nice set of stairs and above them the making of some fantastic clouds.  When it was time to pack up and head home I decided I was going to go get my gear head around town to see if there was anything worth taking a photo of.

Luckily I came upon Josh and his friends skateboarding.  Strangers are always surprisingly free with their time and they were a lot of fun to photograph. We tried to do some action shots that didn't pan out but I really enjoyed the standing portraits.

Ben and Clint took turns helping me out with the lighting which is always a plus.  I love it when everyone gets involved!











No comments:

Post a Comment